Monday, April 25, 2011

Celebrity to Presidency: I Don't Think So


In Clay Beverly’s entry, Celebrities and Birthers, an affair from hell, he describes why Donald Trump should not be considered nor elected for the Presidency and how the role of the president is being bombarded by celebrity non-sense.  I find that celebrities use politics and campaign for political positions as a way to gain attention from the country, and in turn make more money.
I agree with Beverly 100%.  I find it irritating and a complete waste of time when a celebrity tries their hand in politics.  We should trust that the people who are being considered for leadership of our country have the knowledge, experience, skill and charisma to do so.  Why people even consider someone with none of these traits is beyond me.  For all I know, he is using the idea of running for President to gain more media and attention.  I do not want someone to lead the country that is not serious about the responsibilities or role. The only thing that Trump has is money and the thirst for more (I think that the idea of having such big property may have something to do with it as well).  The presidency has become glamorized.  As I see it, we are focusing on the wrong characteristics that the president (and his wife) should have.  I say wife because I was absolutely sick of all the reviews of Michelle Obama's wardrobe and not her role as First Lady.  We should focus on what the country needs and who the best leader is to guide us to the goal, not the baest celebrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment